Help with VB on ASP

Thread: Help with VB on ASP

Default Help with VB on ASP

Hi - Hope you can help.<BR> <BR>I&#039ve nearly finished my web site, but I run into a problem.<BR> <BR>I&#039m using FrontPage 2000 with PWS and Access 2000.<BR> <BR>On an ASP I want the user to confirm that they have entered the correct data by asking them to enter the same data again (just like when setting up a password). Am I right in saying that I can only do this in VBScript - if so can someone point me in the right direction on how to insert the code into one field of an Active Server Page.<BR> <BR>This is what I&#039ve got so far - in the Visual Basic Screen I&#039ve got this to work<BR> <BR>Sub test1()<BR>Dim PriceA<BR>Dim PriceB<BR>Dim C<BR>A = "PriceA"<BR>B = "PriceB"<BR>C = "Please enter the correct Asking Price in BOTH boxes"<BR>If A &#060;&#062; B Then Debug.Print (C)<BR>End Sub<BR> <BR>Apologies for the state of the code but I haven&#039t done BASIC for 15 years and VB is very new to me.<BR> <BR>A dummy explanation would be most appreciated.<BR> <BR>Thanks in advance - Stephen

kan Guest

Default RE: Help with VB on ASP

your question is not clear to help.Is Your Screen or window has text boxes to enter values?.if so where are you Checking in the same page or next page.Reply clearly.<BR><BR>sub test()<BR>dim PriceA<BR>dim PriceB<BR>dim C<BR>c = "message to show"<BR>PriceA = text1.text<BR>PriceB = text2.text<BR>if val(PriceA) &#060;&#062; val(PriceB) then<BR> msgbox c<BR>end if