Scientific Notation - change datatype

Thread: Scientific Notation - change datatype

ASP Viper Guest

Default Scientific Notation - change datatype

I have a csv file which contains the following fields: customer, date, credit card, etc... <BR><BR>I have setup a DSN to access the csv file. I can access all of the fields without any problem. I am taking the data and adding it to an Access Database. Everything is Almost beautiful <BR><BR>Here&#039;s my problem: <BR>The credit card field - rs("Payment Credit Card") - in the csv file is 16 characters (all numbers). When I pull this data into my ASP page, it gives me a funky number, for example, my csv file shows 1234567890123456 as the credit card number, I get 1.23456789012346E+15. When I format this number, the last digit is always changed to a zero.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried cDbl(rs("Payment Credit Card")), Cstr(rs("Payment Credit Card")), Parsing the field... all to no avail. <BR><BR>Does anyone have any suggestions... I&#039;ve spent hours trying to solve this... <BR><BR>Someone suggested changing the datatype in the csv file, but I don&#039;t think there is a way to do this...

Default Crosspost. <eop>

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Jeremy_D Guest

Default RE: Scientific Notation - change datatype

Import the credit card numbers from the csv file as a string instead of as a number.