Dont Work

Thread: Dont Work

birdbrain Guest

Default Dont Work

the following code: <BR>REM******************************************* * <BR>Dim txtSubject <BR>txtSubject= "TESTING" <BR>Dim objCDO <BR>Set objCDO=Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") <BR>objCDO.To="" <BR>objCDO.From="" <BR>objCDO.Subject = "TESTING" <BR>objCDO.Body=txtSubject <BR>objCDO.Send <BR>Set objCDO=nothing <BR>REM******************************************* * <BR><BR>generates this error: <BR><BR>error &#039;80070003&#039; <BR>The system cannot find the path specified. <BR><BR>what gives? The to and from are both valid email paths! <BR>is there anyway i can view the paths via a Response.Write. That way i can see if they are null or whatever....?

Default RE: Dont Work

has nothing to do with the email addresses (they&#039;re not *paths*, they&#039;re addresses)<BR><BR>looks like you have a component missing, or a mailserver missing or whatever. are you by any chance on windows 9x or ME?

birdbrain Guest

Default RE: Dont Work

the web server is on win2000<BR><BR>i&#039;m going to try to reinstall option pack 4 and see if that doest the trick<BR><BR>btw: do you know what .dll controls the CDONTS? That way i can check and see if it&#039;s there...<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>birdbrain