radio button select

Thread: radio button select

Default radio button select

How do i request my radio button selection value without submitting a form.... <BR>I just want a recordset to be retrieved after i click my radio button. <BR><BR>Example-- &#060;input type="radio" name="radio1" value="one"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="radio" name="radio1" value="two"&#062;<BR><BR>If (this code i need-- radio1 = "one") then<BR>SQL1<BR>Else <BR>SQL2<BR>End If

stevie ray vaughn Guest

Default two possible solutions

1) do all the db stuff on the server side (i.e., SUBMIT THE FORM)<BR><BR>2) grab all the data you&#039;ll need when you first load up the page, then stuff it into javascript arrays in client-side code so an onClick event for the radio button can call a function to grab the necessary data from the array

Default RE: radio button select

I think you need to submit form to itself on onChange event(javascript),e.g.:<BR>..."this.asp"<BR>&#060; script language="JAVASCRIPT"&#062; <BR>function ShowRS() <BR>{ <BR>document.form1.submit(); <BR>} <BR>&#060;/script&#062; <BR>...<BR>&#060;form name=form1..action="this.asp"<BR>&#060;input type="radio" name="radio1" value="one"onChange="ShowRS()"&#062;<BR>&#060;inpu t type="radio" name="radio1" value="two"onChange="ShowRS()"&#062;<BR><BR>rsRadi o=Request("radio1")<BR>If rsRadio = "one" then<BR>SQL1<BR>Else <BR>SQL2<BR>End If<BR>hth<BR>