Thread: CDONTS

Default CDONTS

We are running WinNT v.4.0 with Service Pack 6 and MS Exchange Server is not installed. I have an ".asp" page that trys to send mail via a CDONTS object but the page fails. My error reads: Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039; <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR>/AdminShag/admin_newsletter_sendx.asp, line 3 <BR>Invalid class string<BR><BR>I&#039;m definitely not an NT administrator and to be honest, I don&#039;t know how to proceed. What do I need to do to get CDONTS to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default RE: CDONTS

I believe that with CDONTS, you need a mail program running on the server in order to send the mail. I&#039;m not sure if this is the case or not.<BR><BR>What I do know for sure is that CDONTS uses a file called CDO.dll This should be in the c:winntsystem32 directory. By the looks of your error, this file is either not on the machine or not registered properly.

birdbrain Guest

Default RE: CDONTS

Do you have SMTP service installed?<BR>go to the MMC and see.<BR>or if you option pack 4.0 installed<BR><BR><BR>-has it