window.navigate troubles

Thread: window.navigate troubles

Java Man Guest

Default window.navigate troubles

I&#039;m using the following code to navigate within a switch statement, but keep getting errors-Page cannot be found<BR>Any input would be appreciated.<BR>window.navigate("Toppings.asp?Prod uct=" & prod & "&Name=" & name & "&Desc=" & desc & "&Size=" & size & "&Price=" & price & "&ToppingName=panLARGE");

sydney bechet Guest

Default man!

that example was making me hungry!<BR><BR>i&#039;ll have mushrooms, olives, sausage, and pepperoni, please

java man Guest

Default RE: man!

found out the problem isn&#039;t the window.navigate method- it&#039;s all the variables in the querystring, because the page moves fine without them. See any errors in the string itself?

australopithecus man Guest

Default don't see any obvious error

just kidding, this is sydney bechet - couldn&#039;t pass up the anthopological references though<BR><BR>i don&#039;t see anything wrong with your querystring<BR><BR>but just for giggles, try using "+" instead of "&" to concatenate the variable values in your string<BR><BR>if that doesn&#039;t work, eliminate one querystring name/value pair at a time until you find out who is causing the error

java man Guest

Default RE: don't see any obvious error

tried what you said-I think the problem is getting the variables into the switch statement. The string works fine when it&#039;s hard coded, but chokes on the variables-case 1 works, case 2 doesn&#039;t.<BR><BR> function check_onClick(prod, name, desc, size, price)<BR> {<BR> switch(parseInt(prod))<BR> {<BR> case 1:<BR> window.navigate("Toppings.asp?Product=1&Name=PIZZA &Desc=&Size=SMALL&Price=5.99&ToppingName=pSMALL"); <BR> break;<BR> case 2:<BR> window.navigate("Toppings.asp?Product=" & prod & "&Name=" & name & "&Desc=" & desc & "&Size=" & size & "&Price=" & price & "ToppingName=pMEDIUM");<BR> break;

sydney bechet Guest

Default freaking wierd!

to make sure you&#039;re getting valid data from those variables, try doing an "alert" to see what the variables are holding<BR><BR>e.g. ...<BR><BR>alert("prod = " + prod + "; name = " + name); //etc.

JAVA MAN Guest

Default RE: freaking wierd!

It seems to be working now-could have been the + instead of &&#039;s, didn&#039;t do much the first time I changed it-may have missed one- thanks for the help!