Can ASP Tell if IE or Netscape?

Thread: Can ASP Tell if IE or Netscape?

Terrence McNally Guest

Default Can ASP Tell if IE or Netscape?

This is driving me nuts: I have a page with a form on-line box that I want restricted. Netscape pushes it beyond the 150 pixels when the box is larger than 10 characters. But it looks miniature in IE with 10 characters; IE needs 17 to look good. <BR><BR>How can I establish an IF statement for IE and Netscape -- as in:<BR><BR>If IE Then<BR>17 pixels<BR>End If<BR><BR>If Netscape Then<BR>10 pixels<BR>End If<BR><BR>Eh? Thanks.

b.b. king Guest

check this out:

Patty Guest

Default HTTP_UA variables DON'T work..?!

I am trying to print out the HTTP_UA_PIXELS, or HTTP_UA_COLOR or HTTP_UA_OS, none of them seem t work. When I output the REMOTE_ADDR or HTTP_USER_AGENT I get the remote IP addresse and the browser description such as Mozilla....<BR><BR>Is there something that I am missing ?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Patty

Reggie Guest

Default RE: HTTP_UA variables DON'T work..?!

HTTP_USER_AGENT returns "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)". The MSIE 5.5 part is what you need.

b.b. king Guest

Default that's what you want

all that info about "mozilla", etc., is what you want<BR><BR>then you just check and see if "MSIE" is in there somewhere

Default headers not what you might think

pixels is rarely sent, same with color, and OS<BR><BR>you need to use client-side code for that....