Error with CDO Message

Thread: Error with CDO Message

Joseph Haas Guest

Default Error with CDO Message

When I send a message using CDO (CDONTS or CDO for Windows 2000) I get the following error:<BR><BR>CDO.Message.1 error &#039;80070020&#039; <BR><BR>The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. <BR><BR>/dba.asp, line 66 <BR><BR>This error will happen only if I try to send more than one message within a minute or two. <BR><BR>Any sugestions?<BR>Thanks

Joey Guest

Default RE: Error with CDO Message

Make sure you close and end the CDO mail object.<BR><BR>Paste your code here so we can see what you are doing.

Joseph Haas Guest

Here is my code:<BR> Dim iMsg<BR> Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")<BR> <BR> With iMsg<BR> .To = toWho<BR> .From = ""<BR> .Subject = Subject<BR> .TextBody = Body<BR> .Send<BR> End With<BR> Set iMsg = Nothing<BR><BR>Thanks.

Joseph Haas Guest

On Microsofts web site they say: <BR>"To work around this problem, use a critical section to serialize calls to the Send method." ( <BR>Unfortunately I don&#039;t know how to do that. Anybody know how to do that?

Default Looks like you

need to install a service pack, at least that&#039;s what the resolution says

Joseph Haas Guest

Default RE: Looks like you

I got around the problem by downloading and using a free mail component from I didn&#039;t find the problem that was causing this, but at least I got a way around it. I just thought I&#039;d post this in case someone else has this problem.