frame targeting in ASP

Thread: frame targeting in ASP

ceejay Guest

Default frame targeting in ASP

Can someone show me the correct syntax for an ASP &#039;response.redirect&#039; statement that includes a &#039;target="_top" specification. Here&#039;s my example:<BR><BR>&#060;%response.redirect "http://someweb/empfrontdoor/empvalform.asp"<BR><BR>Where and how does one specify the target frame?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help.

Default RE: frame targeting in ASP

you cant specify a frame

mrthump Guest

do you really have to use a response.redirect? If not then I can tell you how to do it!

ceejay Guest

The home page I am using uses a simple frameset with javascript nav tree. I am running our employees through a login page that will be redirected from the second of a 2-page cookietest script. If the cookietest is successful, it redirects to the employee validation form. That page needs to overwrite the frame page with a full window. If there is another way to send them there without a redirect from an ASP script, I would be happy to know it! Thanks mrthump.

mrthump Guest

What I have done in the past is to use a form and use the magic target dunction to shootout what ever the data I wanted to be displayed in the new window. does that make any sense and if it does it that what you want to do? roughly?