GetRow() method VS Old Fashion RS Loop

Thread: GetRow() method VS Old Fashion RS Loop

Default GetRow() method VS Old Fashion RS Loop

I think the power of using the GetRow method get data from a recordset and write a table is amazing, but I&#039;m not convinced it&#039;s as fast as what most articles make it sound.<BR><BR>Does anyone have actual figures that can show the performance increase of using the GetRow method?

Default GetString even faster...

...see my ASPFAQ on GetString. By putting in "constant" fields to help out, you can do some amazing stuff with it.<BR><BR>Having said that...<BR><BR>Yeah, Charles Carroll posted a *bunch* of stuff in one of the Advanced ASP Lists ( a while back and I *believe* that he has a summary of the stuff up on<BR><BR>GetRows is a clear winner. There are limits: It *does* mean that all the data from all the records must be in memory at once. If each GetRows needs 1MB of memory and you have 200 simultaneous users...<BR><BR>

Default Timings

Speed/Optimization: All Variations by Charles Carroll<BR><BR>Shows timings using various methods such as GetString.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR> - Web Database Developer<BR><BR>Developer Tips Page<BR><BR><BR><BR>