Linking ASP and VB using ActiveX DLL. Problems?

Thread: Linking ASP and VB using ActiveX DLL. Problems?

Norm Guest

Default Linking ASP and VB using ActiveX DLL. Problems?

Hi <BR><BR>i have just started using ASP and would like to connect my web to a VB Active X DLL. I have written a class to pass a string to the page (just as a test) but i get an error when my server tries to acces the page.<BR><BR>The error is <BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)<BR>The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.<BR>/Default.asp, line 6<BR><BR>the ASP code is:<BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR >&#060;p&#062;This is the text in the text file:&#060;/p&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Set textout = Server.CreateObject("DBdata.output")<BR><BR>docume nt.Write "text is " & textout.datatext()<BR>Set textout = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>the error seems to be on the createobject line. I have looked at the support page for the error<BR><BR>but it still doesn&#039;t work?<BR><BR>does anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>the dll is called DBdata.DLL the class is output and the one and only property is <BR>Public Property Get datatext() As String<BR> datatext = "red"<BR>End Property<BR><BR><BR>I hope someone can help, thanks in advance<BR><BR>Norm<BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Linking ASP and VB using ActiveX DLL. Problems

It sounds like the user that IIS is using doesn&#039;t have permissions to the dll file. If you&#039;re using IIS&#039; default user IUSR_&#060;machine name&#062;, then make sure that that user has read permissions to the dll file.

Default not sure.....

does it give the same error just with the following line:<BR><BR>Set textout = Server.CreateObject("DBdata.output")<BR><BR>