Variable trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variable trouble

Default Variable trouble

In the main body of my page, I get a value from an access table into a variable. A user input field gets a value from the user(!!) in the user form later on in the page and on submitting the form I call a function I have written in the clienteventhandler section (way up on top). I can access the user-entered data with the &#039;document.formname.fieldname.value&#039; syntax, but I need to use the aforementioned variable there too. How do do this ?<BR>Thanks anyone

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Variable trouble

By putting a line in your javascript like:<BR><BR>var VariableName = &#060;% aspVariableName %&#062;;

Default RE: Variable trouble

&#060;% myAspVar=rs("somefield")%&#062;<BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>var myJscripVar = &#060;%=myAspVar%&#062;;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;

stevie ray vaughn Guest

Default does this help?

if the following code doesn&#039;t help, you&#039;ll need to be a little more clear on what you need<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>var x;<BR>x = &#060;%=PreviouslyMentionedVariable%&#062;;<BR>&#0 60;/script&#062;

Tony Soprano Guest

Default What was SRV's biggest hit?

Give up?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR ><BR><BR><BR><BR>The mountain.

stevie ray vaughn Guest

Default ah man...

...that&#039;s not cool<BR><BR>keep making comments like that and you&#039;re gonna have an angry srv ghost haunting you day and night

Beer Ghost Guest

Default Hey keep away from SRV

He *is*<BR><BR>what Texas Blues Guitar was all about.<BR><BR>And he totally can play Little Wing better than Hendrix.

stevie ray vaughn Guest

Default the cleanest...

...sweetest tones that ever issued forth from a strat

Default RE: the cleanest...

Eh.<BR><BR>I guess for the blues, I&#039;d have to go with Eric Clapton... this stuff is too slow for me. I&#039;d have to say my favorite guitarist of all time is Randy Rhoads (from Ozzy) -- I tend to like the classical route... also a guy named Yngwie Malmsteen used to be pretty good.

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default do you realize

that SRV and Clapton<BR>were in a "cutting" contest the night SRV took the dive?<BR><BR>And Clapton even admitted SRV was better.<BR><BR>Although, i am a huge Clapton fan, early years (CREAM rocked)<BR>and the late stuff, not his tears in heaven stuff.<BR><BR>Actually, I have heard from Musicians that Brian Setzer (swing music,Stray Cats) is one of the most proficient players ever.