DSN Problems in Ultra Dev

Thread: DSN Problems in Ultra Dev

IAmTheOneWho Guest

Default DSN Problems in Ultra Dev

Ok...I have a DSN setup on my app server. My hand-coded stuff works fine. I defined the DSN connection in Ultra Dev. Every time I try to build a recordset, the DSN shows up as it should, but when the tables are displayed, the are all preceeded by "null." It says it is connecting to the database, but I get the following error in Ultra Dev:<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Couldn&#039;t find file &#039;C:WINNTsystem32
    ull.mdb&#039;.<BR><BR>Has anyone else ever seen this? Or maybe know what may cause it?

Default RE: DSN Problems in Ultra Dev

I have never experienced that exactly, but I am not connecting to Access either...<BR>I did have similar problems with Oracle and I had to remove the connection and the ODBC connection and start over. Make sure your ODBC connection is set up as a System DSN as opposed to User DSN - Browse out to the file to make sure the path is exact. Best of luck - I had all kinds of problems connecting now that I have I hold my breath everytime I drop down that little table menu, lol!