delete records by marking the checkboxes

Thread: delete records by marking the checkboxes

Default delete records by marking the checkboxes

Does anyone know how I should implement checkboxes hat are attached to the primary key, so I can delete those records all at once<BR><BR>Thank in advance<BR><BR>Bjorn

Bijal Guest

Default RE: delete records by marking the checkboxes

Hi Bjorn,<BR><BR>I haven&#039t yet done the deletion of records.<BR>But I have a problem with updating the records.<BR>I have a form displaying all the records from the database. Now suppose i make changes in multiple records and want to update those changes in the database, then how should i update multiple records in the database.<BR><BR>Suppose i have read two records from the database into a form in HTML. Now i make some changes in both the records and want to update these modifications into my database, then how should i go about it.<BR>Please help.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>Bijal.<BR>

Here&#039s a code snippet to do this!<BR><BR>set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>set rs = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR>rs.open "table", strConnect, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR>rs.MoveFirst<BR>rs.Find "id = " & n_id<BR>rs("field").value = n_field<BR>rs.update<BR><BR>rs.Close<BR>conn.close <BR>set rs = nothing<BR>set conn = nothing

Bijal Guest

Thanks Bjorn,<BR><BR>But i am still not able to update the records. how do i pass all the records(that have been updated by the user) from one ASP file to the other ASP file, where you actually Update the records to the database.<BR><BR>I have been trying to solve this UPDATE problem since the past 4 days but have not yet come up with any solution.<BR>Can i have your e-mail address and if you don&#039t mind can you please go through my code and tell me what&#039s the problem. i can mail my files to you.<BR><BR>please help me come out of it. it sucks now.<BR><BR>thanks for the reply.<BR>Bijal.<BR>

my Email = kvl@anaxis.be

Bijal Guest

Thanks again Bjorn,<BR><BR>My problem is solved. i am now able to update all the records at the same time. but i have problem with the CHECKBOX.....am not able to update those.<BR><BR>I have posted a question today in this messageboard regarding my problem. if you don&#039t mind, please read my question and give me some solution.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot.<BR>Bijal.