Imports System.Data.SQL / MS Data Access Component

Thread: Imports System.Data.SQL / MS Data Access Component

Default Imports System.Data.SQL / MS Data Access Component

I am trying to work with my data access components on the .NET platform and when I try to run a page that uses the "Imports System.Data.SQL" import statement, I am getting a compilation error:"Compiler Error Message: BC30466: The Namespace or type 'SQL' for the Import 'System.Data.SQL' cannot be found."In addition, when I installed the .NET (Beta 2) platform, the setup program threw an error that said that Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 was not installed on my system. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, I just thought I'd mention it. Thanks in advance for any input.
    Last edited by Jay; 04-16-2011 at 01:36 AM.

RobT - Scott Guthrie 1 Guest

Default RE: Imports System.Data.SQL / MS Data Access Compo

Here is the link for MDAC 2.7:<BR><BR><BR><BR>It is about 5.5 Mb.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Scott<BR>

RobT - Scott Guthrie 2 Guest

I’m pleased to announce the public availability of ASP.NET Beta 2. It can be downloaded immediately from Total size is only 18MB – making it ideal for web download. It will install and run on Windows 2000 and Windows XP (both workstation and server additions). <BR><BR> <BR><BR>Beta2 is a major milestone in the ASP.NET project. It contains all of the features planned for V1, and meets an extremely high quality bar – one that we feel confident will support production deployments of .NET Web applications. <BR><BR> <BR><BR>A host of large scale applications have already gone live on ASP.NET Beta 2 (we specifically waited to release Beta2 until all the production bugs they found were fixed) and the list of these applications will continue to grow over the summer. Visit the sites below to see ASP.NET Beta 2 in action today:<BR><BR> <BR><BR>-- MSN Music:<BR><BR>-- Office Update:<BR><BR>-- UDDI:<BR><BR>-- MSN Yellow Pages:<BR><BR> <BR><BR>With Beta2 we will be supporting the “ASP.NET Go Live” license – which will specifically permit customers to use the beta to launch production applications. We expect this summer to be a fun period of web development as more and more ASP.NET sites appear across the web. <BR><BR> <BR><BR>On behalf of the entire ASP.NET Team, I’d like to thank you for your continued effort and support of ASP.NET. It is really exciting for us on the product team to see all of the interest and activity around the beta today. We can’t wait to see it grow even more as we complete the push to RTM. <BR><BR> <BR><BR>Happy Coding,<BR><BR> <BR><BR>-- Scott<BR><BR> <BR><BR>P.S. A few additional Beta 2 Notes:<BR><BR> <BR><BR>-- Before installing Beta 2 please make sure to remove Beta 1 from your machine. If you have the .NET Framework SDK Beta1 installed you can accomplish this simply by running the uninstall program (within Add/Remove Programs). If you have VS.NET Beta1 installed you will unfortunately need to re-install your drive partition.<BR><BR> <BR><BR>-- The 18MB download available at does not ship with local documentation or samples (it instead creates an “ASP.NET” start menu that links off to online versions of these). To obtain local documentation and samples please install the .NET Framework SDK (127MB download).<BR><BR> <BR><BR>-- Beta 2 contains a large number of breaking changes from Beta 1. You will almost certainly need to update existing Beta1 code to work on the latest bits. Our plan is for Beta 2 to contain the final APIs for the product – as such you should not need to make such major changes again for RTM.<BR><BR> <BR><BR>-- The developer solution application site at has been updated for Beta2. Tonight only the IBuySpy Store is available for download – Beta 2 of the IBuySpy Portal will appear later this week.<BR><BR>

RobT - Scott Guthrie Guest

MDAC 2.7 is required for some of the ADO.NET features

Victor-Vartan Pambuccian Guest

Default RE:From Beta1to Beta2

I installed VS.NET Beta1 and then I installed ASP.NET Beta2 (I installed MDAC 2.7 first). After the Beta2 installed successfully I could not use VS.NET anymore.<BR> So now can I just remove ASP.Net B2, VS.NET B1 and the .NET Framework and then reinstall VS.NET B1 (I can&#039;t wait until I get the Beta2) or do I have to format the sistem&#039;s partition and reinstall everything?<BR>

Default Problem solved

I just had to uninstall ASP.Net and then reinstall the Windows Components Update.