Caching problems on Mac IE

Thread: Caching problems on Mac IE

Katrina Guest

Default Caching problems on Mac IE

I have some database-driven pages in my application that I don&#039;t want to have cached, but they are still being cached when I use IE on the Mac. (No problems with Netscape on the Mac or IE/Netscape on the PC.) I have done a bit of research and tried the following code which a number of articles have said will work just fine. However, the page is still being cached. Is this just a browser issue that we can&#039;t work around?<BR><BR>The code that I&#039;ve tried<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Expires = 60<BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Also, since my ASP in a Nutshell book claims that<BR>Response.CacheControl can only have "private" or "public" as parameters, I have replaced the CacheControl line above with:<BR><BR>Response.CacheControl = "private"<BR>

Default Use random data

When you go to your ASP page, pass along some random data, that will force a refresh. Ex:<BR><BR>response.redirect "ayane.asp?random=" & Time()

Default RE: Caching problems on Mac IE

try response.expires = 0, I&#039;m not sure why they recommend 60, also could try very large negative number