Multiple page loading using frame

Thread: Multiple page loading using frame

1. #1 Guest

Default Multiple page loading using frame

Frame is bad but i will have to stick to it fer now. anyway I have this unique problem that i hope someone outthere could kindly sheer some lights. I have a frameset of 3, means the explorer will need to load 4 pages all together , the page which contain the frameset, and the frame source files. What I always wanted to do is to actually (using vbscript - embedded script) to allow a particular page to wait ( i know how to determine wether the specific page has finished loaded or not) for the other page to finish loading without having to halt currently loading pages. Specifically i wanted to know how to tell Internet Explorer using vbscript to load all the pages in asynchronously order?

Default i kinda doubt you can do this

the frame pages basically points to the other pages and i assume it will request them in the order going down the main frame set page.<BR><BR>sorry

Default Why VBScript???

If you do that, then the pages will only work with MSIE and not with any other browser.<BR><BR>If you use JavaScript, it will work in 99% of browsers.<BR><BR>Anyway, the trick is easy in JS code:<BR><BR>Have the &#060;FRAMESET&#062; declare three JS variables, say <BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT&#062;<BR>var page1 = 0;<BR>var page2 = 0;<BR>var page3 = 0;<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>And then have each of the three pages, when they are loaded, do something like:<BR><BR>&#060;BODY onLoad="parent.page2=1;"&#062;<BR><BR>[each to the appropriate variable]<BR><BR>In whichever you decide is the "main" page, you *also* have the onLoad call a function that does this:<BR><BR>function checkAndGo( )<BR>{<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; if ( parent.page1 != 0 && parent.page2 != 0 && parent.page3 != 0 ) <BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; goStartThisPage( );<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; setTimeout( "checkAndGo()", 100 ); // check again in 100 milliseconds<BR>}<BR><BR>So that function essentially just waits until all 3 are loaded before calling the JS function that now starts everything up!<BR><BR>

4. #4 Guest

Default RE: Why VBScript??? bcoz It's not gonna be no

thanks. for the reply about vbscript...

Default RE: i kinda doubt you can do this

Default Not gonna be no what???

Actually, except for syntax, that code should work the same in VBS as in JS. That is, instead of<BR><BR>var page1 = 0;<BR><BR>you do<BR><BR>Dim page1<BR>page1 = 0<BR><BR>in the frameset page. Et cetera.<BR><BR>setTimeout is actually a method on window, I believe, so it should work from either VBS or JS.<BR><BR>Personally, I *never* code client-side VBS, so you&#039;re on your own with the translation.<BR><BR>