Limitation on # Form objects in Explorer

Thread: Limitation on # Form objects in Explorer

Default Limitation on # Form objects in Explorer

I have an asp page designed to permit users (volunteers in this case) to select dates (month & day) that they will work during a given season. Depending upon their number of years of volunteer effort; they are expected to work from 13 to 24 days. Furthermore, in addition to selecting their "Preferred" volunteer days, they are requested to select 6 "Alternate" dates. Hence there are up to 6o drop down option boxes (30 date sets) on the form plus "Submit" and "Reset" buttons, as well as 3 additional hidden objects that get passed on to the subsequent asp page. <BR><BR>This all works perfectly in Netscape 6.0, but Explorer 5.0 seems unable to handle more that 23 date sets (23 month options and 23 day options); 46 drop downs. Any more, and the asp page is badly messed up, drop downs overlap, or do not appear at all. <BR><BR>Does anyone have any insight or information on this? <BR><BR><BR>

Kentium Guest

Default RE: Limitation on # Form objects in Explorer

I&#039;d be willing to bet there&#039;s a problem with your code- a tag not closed or something simple.

blind melon johnson Guest

Default yeah

netscape is a lot less forgiving of malformed html than ie is<BR><BR>and i am a lot less forgiving of netscape than most people are, incidentally<BR><BR>my advice (after having corrected any errors you may have in your code) is to uninstall netscape :)

LeeAnnie Guest

Default RE: Limitation on # Form objects in Explorer

Netscape and IE do vary greatly on their interpretation of JavaScript and DHTML (if that is what you are using). My advice to you is to find a nice API library that somebody with too much time on their hands has developed. This API library would allow you to use generic functions that will work in either IE or Netscape.<BR><BR>You can try visiting Scott Andrew at<BR>He has a lot of insight on the matter and has links that will point you to some very nice API libraries. (...that are free, of course!)