Cursor Engine Error

Thread: Cursor Engine Error

the other steve Guest

Default Cursor Engine Error

Any ideas on the following error?<BR><BR>I&#039;m using addopendynamic:<BR><BR>Const adOpenDynamic = 2<BR>Const adLockOptimistic = 3<BR>propertyrs.Open query, connect, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic <BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft Cursor Engine (0x80040E21)<BR>Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.<BR>/aspclient/myproperties_edit_update.asp, line 66<BR><BR>I&#039;m trying to update a bunch of fields. Line 66 is simply:<BR><BR>propertyrs("price1")=price1<BR><BR> What&#039;s odd is that I just added "price1" as a field.<BR><BR>Do updates need to be made in the order of the query?

the other steve Guest

Default more information -

When the variable is empty I get the error, meaning when the recordset.update command is trying to update the field to an empty value I get the error. Any ideas?

the other steve Guest

Default solved

In the interesting of continuing this dialog with myself, I thought I&#039;d tell myself that I had fixed my own problem.<BR><BR>Dear Steve,<BR><BR>The problem is a result of the form page passing a null string to the processing page and trying to insert a string into a database field that is a "number" type. <BR><BR>Why don&#039;t you create an if statement that enters "0" in the field if it is left blank on the form.<BR><BR>Steve, your helpful ASP buddy.