Complicated text(HTML) file creation using FileSys

Thread: Complicated text(HTML) file creation using FileSys

Default Complicated text(HTML) file creation using FileSys

Ok this is a real tough one. I&#039;m sure there is a way to do it, though I can&#039;t figure out how. Please bear with me as I explain what I need to do:<BR><BR>-I&#039;m creating an ASP/Database driven online photoalbum, with the DB containing the names and info about all the pics. I&#039;m doing this with ASP so I don&#039;t have to create dozens of HTML pages. So far no problem. <BR><BR>-I would like to transform this dynamically generated set of pages into a set of static html pages. This way I can burn it on a cd and give it out to people, without them having to run Personal Web Server. Here&#039;s where I&#039;m stuck:<BR>How can I take these ASP pages and, once each one is rendered and the HTML which is to be sent to the client has been generated, can I take all this HTML and save it? I can&#039;t use IE&#039;s &#039;save as&#039; feature, as this will make the links absolute and cause problems for displaying the large pictures which come up in popup windows when the user clicks on a thumbnail.<BR>I figure there has to be some way to create a text file using the FSO and to take the dynamically created HTML, insert it, and save it.<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Jarrod<BR>info@jtwebm

Andres C. Guest

Default RE: Complicated text(HTML) file creation using Fil

It&#039;s kind of messy, but creating a new set of ASP pages, you could create files using FSO and giving them an HTML extension,and then use writeln to write the code that&#039;s being generated by the server. If the pages hae a lot of code, it would be quite some work, but it would look something like this.<BR><BR>Instead of:<BR>&#060;TD&#062;&#060;img src="&#060;%=myImgSrc%&#062;"&#062;&#060;/td&#062;<BR><BR>Do<BR>&#060;%<BR>yourFile.writeln "&#060;TD&#062;&#060;img src=&#039;" & myImgSrc & "&#039;&#062;&#060;/td&#062;"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>etc.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.