I have a problem reading XML-persisted ADO recordsets from both VB6 and ASP on our webserver (NT4-SP6a-IIS4-ADO2.1)<BR><BR>First I create an xml-file containing an ADO recordset:<BR>sOutFile = "D:OUT&#060;session_number&#062;.xml"<BR>Set oRs = New ADODB.Recordset<BR>&#039;now create oRs.Fields and then oRs.Fields.Value for each record<BR>oRs.Save sOutFile, adPersistXML<BR>oRs.Close<BR>Set oRs = Nothing<BR><BR>Later I try to open the file using:<BR>sOutFile = "D:OUT&#060;session_number&#062;.xml"<BR>Set oRs = New ADODB.Recordset<BR>oRs.Open sOutFile<BR><BR>This goes well for quite a while, but at a certain point in time, opening the file causes an error condition: 3709<BR> The application requested an operation on an object with a reference to a closed or invalid Connection object. <BR>From then on, any try to read any xml file using this method will fail. <BR><BR>Some observations:<BR>- the error message can be reproduced by trying to open a non-existing file or a corrupted file<BR>- in this particular situation we can verify that the file exists and can be read by opening it in ASP using the Scripting.FileSystemObject. This will succeed and will show nothing strange in the contents of the xml-file.<BR><BR>