Populating Select Boxes

Thread: Populating Select Boxes

Default Populating Select Boxes

I&#039;m new to ASP but am currently working on site which probably requires more knowledge of ASP than I currently have. I&#039;m using DW UltraDev and have managed to work out most of my problems but this one I just can&#039;t solve.<BR><BR>I&#039;m using Select Boxes as part of the navigation of the site and have a Main Category (i.e. Colours, Shapes, Numbers) once the user has selected a Main Category the second Select Box is then populated with the Sub Categorys (i.e. Red, Blue Green / Square, Round, Triangle) currently I am doing this by Populating the Select Box from the database and then reloading the page when a Main Category is choosen using it as a URL String and then filtering the second Select Box. <BR><BR>Pretty simple stuff however it is causing problems because the page takes quite a long time to load and hence confuses people. I would like to stick with the same style of navigation and have seen some sites where the second Select Box is populated automatically with no reloading of the page. I guess this is done with some Javascript which I have no knowledge of.<BR><BR>I hope you can make sense of this as I said I&#039;m very new to ASP.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance.<BR><BR>Russ

Default RE: Populating Select Boxes

there&#039;s a tutorial on this at http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/<BR><BR>it won&#039;t show you the ASP side, just the necessary javascript - look in the JS section<BR><BR>j