I have a bit of a nasty problem displaying MS-Word and MS-Excel files on the IE browser.<BR><BR>Here is the ASP code I am using<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> Path= "e: est.xls"<BR> Response.Addheader "Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=""test.xls"""<BR> Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.msexcel"<BR><BR> &#039;--- Instanciate the file download component<BR> Set download = Server.CreateObject("SoftArtisans.FileUp")<BR> download.TransferFile Path<BR> Set download = Nothing<BR> Response.end<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Pretty basic stuff with the commonly used SA-fileup.<BR><BR>The problem: when I click on the link to display the file, I get the "Page cannot be displayed" error page on IE. If I reload the page, the Word or Excell doc displays correctly - using the right application with in the browser. I have a picky customer base and they are unhappy with this behavior. I could force a save on the browsers but the users want the "inline" option.<BR><BR>I discovered Win2K SP2 takes care of the problem for the Win2K users. However, the win95 and win98 users are still getting the annoying initial error.<BR><BR>I have tried all kinds of variations with "ContentType" and "content-disposition" with out success. Oddly, this problem does not exist on a LotusNotes server returning a file from a database. When I do a command line GET the first portion of the binary stream looks different but since I can not read it I am clueless. Can this be manipulated? <BR><BR>Any ideas? I am at a loss.<BR><BR>Abel<BR>(abel_user@hotmail.com)