server.transfer question

Thread: server.transfer question

Sean Guest

Default server.transfer question

I have never used server.transfer in my code before but it has turned out to be a possible solution to a problem with an application I&#039;m developing. I attempted to use server.transfer("newpage.asp") and I get:<BR>&#039;object doesn&#039;t support this property or method: &#039;transfer&#039;&#039;<BR>Am I leaving something out here? I am running IIS5. Do I need to include something from the option pack? Cheers for the help guys,<BR>Sean.

Default RE: server.transfer question

option pack?? makes me suspect you&#039;re not actually using IIS5.0 - since IIS5.0 doesn&#039;t come on any option pack - it&#039;s on the Windows 2000 install CD (and ONLY there - it won&#039;t run on any other platform)<BR><BR>try this<BR><BR>Response.Write(Request.ServerVariables ("server_software"))<BR><BR>j<BR><BR>

Sean Guest

Default cheers mate

The response was Microsoft-IIS/4.0 I hadn&#039;t bothered to check once I was told it was IIS5. I suppose you gotta check everything yourself in the long run. When I mentioned the option pack I was referring to NTserver - I thought I might have missed something on it. Cheers anyway. Should I suggest an upgrade to IIS5, or would that cause issues with the software we have already developed and are supporting?

Default It'll run fine in IIS5.0

...I believe all of the old ASP functionality is still there with some additions. Shouldn&#039;t be a problem but you should test it on a test box first.