Making input box uneditable

Thread: Making input box uneditable

Simpleton Guest

Default Making input box uneditable

I have an input box which updates when a value is entered in another box. Is it possible to set the field to uneditable so the results are not altered?

Default Plenty of ways:

&#060;input type="text" value="0" readonly&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" value="0" disabled&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" value="0" onFocus="this.blur();"&#062;<BR><BR>The last method will work in Netscape as well.

Default You don't want the user to edit it?

Default CheezWhiz is right

Use one of those functions, but you need to first decide if a user updated your other box in order to make this one read only.<BR><BR>Make a global boolean variable, and initialize it to false<BR><BR>var myvar = false;<BR><BR>When the user updates the value, set myvar = true<BR><BR>Then, using CheezWhiz&#039;s code:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE... onfocus="if (myvar) this.blur();"&#062;

Default RE: or..

or this:<BR>...<BR>function GoNext()<BR>{<BR>var txt = "";<BR>txt = document.form1.txtNext.focus();<BR>}<BR>...<BR>&#0 60;input type="text" value="1" onFocus="GoNext();"&#062; <BR>&#060;input type="text2" name=txtNext value="2"&#062; <BR><BR><BR>

simpleton Guest

Default Thanks all....

I continued searching for an answer after I posted this and finally came across the solution at Sorry to have bothered you and thanks for your help.<BR><BR>The simple one!