How do you handle this situation ??

Thread: How do you handle this situation ??

Default How do you handle this situation ??

Hi,<BR>Main Page ---&#062; Page 2 Consisting of 2 Frames --- &#062; <BR>Choose an option from the top frame to get a set of rows in the bottom frame<BR>Choose a row from the bottom frame to go to Page 3 - Detail Edit of the Row - Here the top frame also changes.<BR>On Page 3 Click Ok to save changes, how do I go back to Page 2 with the same records on display there as before choosing a record to edit.<BR><BR>I can use HTTP_REFERER to go back, but I do not want the records to be retrieved all over again. I have respose.expires=0 as most pages are build dynamically.<BR>Does this make sense and can I do it simple or do I need to write a whole lot of code and pass around querystrings / session variables etc ?<BR>Thanks in Advance<BR>Ram

Default RE: How do you handle this situation ??

Unfortunately, you will have to maintain state using session cookies or querystring vars. These will have to be passed between the framesets WHERE RELEVANT- remember, each frame IS a separate window so IIS wil process each frame in sequence, one after the other; also, remember to turn session variables off in the frames you dont need to maintain state as this wastes IIS memory