I currently use an include file which contains my connection string wherever I wish to do interaction with my database:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039;set dbrumble1vs1=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection ")<BR>&#039;dbrumble1vs1.ConnectionTimeout = 15<BR>&#039;dbrumble1vs1.CommandTimeout = 30<BR>&#039;dbrumble1vs1.CursorLocation = 3<BR>&#039;dbrumble1vs1.Open "DBQ=D:PATH_TO_DATABASE.mdb;DefaultDir=D:PATH_TO_D ATABASE_DIRECTORY;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;FILEDSN=C:PATH_TO_DSN.dsn;MaxBufferSize=204 8;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;T hreads=3;UID=ADMIN_USER;UserCommitSync=Yes;;User Id=ADMIN_USER;", "admin"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Simplified version that also works for Access:<BR><BR>dbrumble1vs1.Open "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=D:PATH_TO_DATABASE.mdb"<BR><BR>This has worked great for Access 2000 for along time. However, I have recently upsized my Access 2000 database to a SQL Server 6.5 database on a test system in hopes of doing the same with my production system. I have tried many different examples, both DNSless and others, and I either don’t get connected to the database (can’t logon) or when it seems to connect, I get errors in my ASP code. Some examples to follow with error results:<BR><BR>When using this connection string:<BR><BR>dbrumble1vs1.Open "DBQ=D: PATH_TO_DATABASE.DAT;DefaultDir=D: PATH_TO_DATABASE_DIRECTORY;Driver={SQL SERVER};FILEDSN=C: PATH_TO_DSN.dsn;MaxBufferSize=2048;MaxScanRows=8;P ageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UID=SQL_ ADMIN_USER;PWD=SQL_ADMIN_PASSWORD;DATABASE=MY_SQL_ DATABASE;SERVER=MY_SQL_SERVER"<BR><BR>I get this error:<BR><BR>error &#039;80020009&#039; <BR>Exception occurred. <BR>/RumbleTest/Include/i_SiteStatus.asp, line 6<BR><BR>When using this connection string I get the same error as above:<BR><BR>dbrumble1vs1.Open “Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=ADMIN_PASSWORD;Per sist Security Info=True;User ID=SQL_ADMIN_PASSWORD;Initial Catalog=MY_SQL_DATABASE;Data Source=MY_SQL_SERVER”<BR><BR>Both of these connection strings ‘seem’ to connect as I get past the login problems and to the code. However, the same code that works fine for the Access connection does not work for the SQL connection. My database is very simple with no table links, internal queries or modules of any kind. Only simple tables with common fields that have common settings.<BR><BR>When using this connection string:<BR><BR>dbrumble1vs1.Open "DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=MY_SQL_SERVER;CATALOG=MY_SQL_DATABAS E;UID=SQL_ADMIN_USER;PWD=SQL_ADMIN_PASSWORD"<BR><B R>I get this error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e37&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name &#039;tblSiteStatus&#039;. <BR>/RumbleTest/Include/i_SiteStatus.asp, line 5<BR><BR>I have compared the tables in SQL Server resulting from my upsize to the original Access tables to the best of my ability. As far as I can see they are virtually identical in settings and data types. I don’t understand why the code is breaking that once worked for the Access connection. Table names are the same and field names are the same as well.<BR><BR>Here is the source code for i_SiteStatus.asp:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039;Check for Site Status<BR>SQLQuery = "SELECT * FROM tblSiteStatus;"<BR>Set Status = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>Status.O pen SQLQuery,dbrumble1vs1<BR>if not Status("SiteStatus") = 0 then<BR>%&#062;<BR>write a message in HTML<BR>&#060;%<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Any insight on making my existing code compatible with an upsized SQL version of my Access database? Any help would be very appreciated. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to make any massive changes to upgrade to SQL from Access. Could the problem be rooted in the connection string? Or is it the result of the upsized database? Or is it rooted in my .asp code used to pull data out of the database connection?<BR><BR>Currently using:<BR><BR>Access 2000<BR>SQL Server 6.5<BR>NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a<BR>IIS 3.0<BR>