Form field--automatic jump to next field?

Thread: Form field--automatic jump to next field?

elaine pack Guest

Default Form field--automatic jump to next field?

Is there a way to make a form field let you "jump" to the next field without having to press the tab key? This is like the "auto tab" feature in Access, for example. <BR><BR>I saw this happen on a webpage recently, but of course didn&#039;t save it :( It could have been a page developed in ColdFusion, or a Javascript function or something else, I dunno, but I like that feature a LOT, and would like to include it on our .asp programs if possible!<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>elaine pack<BR><BR>

elaine pack Guest

Default RE: Form field--automatic jump to next field? SOLV

Actually, it turned out to be pretty easy. Here&#039;s all I did:<BR><BR>&#060;input type="text" name="field1" size="2" value="whatever" maxlength="2"<BR>onkeyup="if (form.field1.value.length == 2) {form.field2.focus()}"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="field2" size="2" value="whatever" maxlength="3"<BR>onkeyup="if (form.field2.value.length == 3) {form.field3.focus()}"&#062;<BR><BR>And so on. <BR><BR>The remaining question I have is whether the field receiving the focus, ie, field3 in the example, can be a non-text field, specifically a radio button? I would think it could, but I&#039;m getting an error. Unfortunately there&#039;s no meaningful error message :( <BR><BR>Is it because radio buttons have the same name it&#039;s getting confused? But if that&#039;s the case, is there any way around that?<BR><BR>elaine<BR><BR>

Default RE: Form field--automatic jump to next field?

Perhaps check out the following:<BR><BR>Forms: Tab Key Emulation<BR><BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR> - Databases on the Web<BR>