(ASP101) View code script

Thread: (ASP101) View code script

Joe Schmoe Guest

Default (ASP101) View code script

I took some code from ASP101 so people can view my code. I can get it to work on my own network but I cannot use it on brinkster. So Im hoping someone can help me with this<BR><BR>&#039; Get file name from query string<BR>strASPFileName = Request.QueryString("file")<BR><BR>&#039; Conditional limiting use of this file to current directory<BR>If InStr(1, strASPFileName, "\", 1) Then strASPFileName = ""<BR>If InStr(1, strASPFileName, "/", 1) Then strASPFileName = ""<BR><BR>&#039; Set the default so it shows itself if nothing or an invalid<BR>&#039; path is passed in. Delete the following line to just display<BR>&#039; a message.<BR>If strASPFileName = "" Then strASPFileName = "joe.asp"<BR><BR>If strASPFileName &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR> Set objInFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("JoeSchmoe\" & strASPFileName)<BR><BR>I *think* the problem is with that last line. it works with the full path such as: ("c:InetPubwwwrooted_arch\" & strASPFileName). So my question is can/should I use http://www21.brinkster.com/JoeSchmoe or do I need to ask brinkster for the full path?<BR>

Default RE: (ASP101) View code script

objFSO.OpenTextFile(server.mappath(strASPFileName) ) if this asp file is in the same directory as straspfilename otherwise<BR><BR>objFSO.OpenTextFile(server.mappat h("relativepath" & strASPFileName))<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Joe Schmoe Guest

Default HA! Thanks F/Krank <eop>

Thanks F/Krank

Default Krank is right ...

That is the best way to do it. If you really want to see the full path though, you could look at Request.ServerVariables("PATH_TRANSLATED")

F/Krank Guest

Default You got me pegged

so much for staying anonymous with the clever disguise I applied to my name