Update Error

Thread: Update Error

Default Update Error

Hi all,<BR> <BR>I am getting the following error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>/GetDomain.asp, line 38 <BR><BR>When I try to run the following:<BR><BR>&#060;!--#include file="email_validation.asp"--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>server.scripttimeout = 360<BR><BR><BR>Response.write("Let&#039;s Goo....20!" & "<BR>")<BR><BR><BR>Dim DataConnection, RecordSet<BR>Set DataConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> DataConnection.ConnectionString="DSN=Email"<BR> DataConnection.Open<BR><BR>Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>SQL = "Select Distinct Email.OrganisationCode, Email.EmailType, Domain, Email from Ref, Email where Ref.OrganisationCode = Email.OrganisationCode and Email.EmailType is not null"<BR>RS.open SQL, DataConnection, 3, 3<BR><BR><BR>Do until rs.eof<BR><BR> EmailAddress = rs("Email")<BR> <BR> if ChkEmail(EmailAddress) = 0 then<BR><BR> StrLen = Len(EmailAddress)<BR> StrPosition = instr(EmailAddress,"@")<BR> DomainLen = StrLen - StrPosition<BR> Domain = Right(EmailAddress, DomainLen)<BR><BR> RS("Domain") = Domain<BR> &#039;RS.Update<BR> <BR> end if<BR><BR><BR>RS.MoveNext &#039; this is line 38<BR>Loop<BR>Response.Write("Finished")<BR><BR>%& #062;<BR><BR>Does anyone know what is wrong with my code? If so, can it be fixed. <BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Ross<BR>

Default RE: Update Error

This is a permissions problem with the database. Make sure that the folder containing the database is not readonly, and that write access is allowed for the folder. Also, ensure the same for the database itself<BR><BR>mj