Salary average

Thread: Salary average

paranoid Guest

Default Salary average

Ok, I make $40,000 per year. From the salary sites I&#039;ve went to and the jobs I see on the web, am I grossly underpaid? I have 1 1/2 years ASP experience, and according to some sites, I should be making $60,000 a year? Are these sites just exaggerating or am I being taken advantage of by my employer? I know ASP and SQL, which is what these jobs require.<BR><BR>I understand you shouldn&#039;t post your name, but can you just leave me a figure and experience some of you are getting? I&#039;m thinking seriously of quitting my job, but I want to make sure these figures are accurate.<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR>underpaid and underappreciated

Default It depends...

&#062; am I grossly underpaid?<BR><BR>Here&#039;s my 2c<BR><BR>For an ASP developer there are certain skills that you simply need to have such as being fluent in:<BR><BR> HTML, VBScript, SQL, Database Construction, ADO<BR><BR>obviously you&#039;d also need a sound knowledge of the ASP Intrinsic Objects, Request, Response, ...<BR><BR>Added to that you need to have the fundamentals of client-side scripting covered and good problem solving skills.<BR><BR>Once you are at that level then I&#039;m thinking that anywhere between 40K-50K would be a reasonable price (depending on your negotiating skills).<BR><BR>Once you get into the more heavy duty skills such as developing enterprise solutions using <BR> <BR> SQL Server<BR> XML<BR> COM<BR> Whatever <BR><BR>then I believe that your salary expectations can begin to grow exponentially.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Salary average

Is this in US$? I make just short of 6-figures Australian - whatever the exchange rate currently is - I have made more, but at the end of the day I went for the job I liked best - It sounded like a paycut, but in fact it turned out to be a lot better stress-wise, with a fair bit of prestige attached. I say go with what&#039;s most comfortable for you. <BR><BR>I could be making 20-30% more in a different job, but I&#039;m happy where I am. I&#039;m not constantly pressured to sacrifice quality for speed of delivery, my colleagues are all great (it&#039;s more of an extended group of friends than an office atmosphere) and we produce high quality work for good clients. it&#039;s what I want....<BR><BR>j<BR>

paranoid Guest

Default Thanks

Todays excahange rate would put that around $55,000 US.<BR><BR>I may post this again in the week to have a tight range.<BR><BR>Thank you both.