SPELLCHECKING with MS Word (Repost + Update)

Thread: SPELLCHECKING with MS Word (Repost + Update)

Rai Guest

Default SPELLCHECKING with MS Word (Repost + Update)

I posted a message yesterday about an article; "spellchecking with Ms Word spellchecker utility". The example in the article only worked with Word 2000, and what I wanted to do was to use it with earlier versions. Now I&#039;ve received an email from the author of the article who writes "I think you should be able to do that. you will most probably have to use word basic object."<BR><BR>Does anyone know how to do that? Im sure Im not the only one who could use this... The article can be found at http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?lngWId=4&txtCodeId=6561 , and here&#039;s the code: <BR>--------<BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vbscript&#062; <BR> &#060;!-- <BR> &#039;SpellChecker <BR> &#039; PURPOSE: This function accepts Text da <BR> &#039; ta for which spell checking has to be do <BR> &#039; ne. <BR> &#039; Return&#039;s Spelling corrected data <BR> &#039; <BR> function SpellChecker(TextValue) <BR> <BR> Dim objWordobject <BR> Dim objDocobject <BR> Dim strReturnValue <BR> &#039;Create a new instance of word Application <BR> Set objWordobject = CreateObject("word.Application") <BR> objWordobject.WindowState = 2 <BR> objWordobject.Visible = True <BR> &#039;Create a new instance of Document <BR> Set objDocobject = objWordobject.Documents.Add( , , 1, True) <BR> objDocobject.Content=TextValue <BR> objDocobject.CheckSpelling <BR> &#039;Return spell check completed text data <BR> strReturnValue = objDocobject.Content <BR> &#039;Close Word Document <BR> objDocobject.Close False <BR> &#039;Set Document To nothing <BR> Set objDocobject = Nothing <BR> &#039;Quit Word <BR> objWordobject.Application.Quit True <BR> &#039;Set word object To nothing <BR> Set objWordobject= Nothing <BR> SpellChecker=strReturnValue <BR> End function <BR> --&#062; <BR> &#060;/SCRIPT&#062;

michael bealer Guest

Default RE: SPELLCHECKING with MS Word (Repost + Update)

Does anyone have information as far as the required server setup to make this work? We&#039;ve installed Word 2000 on the server but everytime we try to instantiate the word object the windows installer starts thrashing the machine. Eventually it works but it takes a long time.<BR><BR>Thanks...