Help Me with this database Problem

Thread: Help Me with this database Problem

Zeeshan Hayat Guest

Default Help Me with this database Problem

dim objcommand, recordset<BR>set objcommand=server.CreateObject ("adodb.command")<BR>objcommand.ActiveConnectio n =strconnect<BR>objcommand.CommandText ="insert into tablename"&_ "(firstname, secondname, email, country )"&_<BR>"values (&#039;value1&#039;, &#039;value2&#039;, &#039;value3&#039;, &#039;value4&#039;) "<BR><BR>objcommand.CommandType =adCmdText <BR><BR>set recordset=objcommand.Execute <BR>set objcommand=nothing<BR>recordset.Close <BR>set recordset=nothing<BR><BR><BR>this piece of code works fine for entering two values in a table but when i try to insert more then two records it doesnot work and it generates an error. will any one help me with that <BR>i am using access database <BR><BR><BR>the error it gives is syntax error in INTO clause<BR><BR>I have checked the syntax again and again and it still doesn&#039;t work for inserting more than two enteries

Default RE: Help Me with this database Problem

what method are you using to insert two records? Access doesn&#039;t support multiple SQL statements in a single action, unlike SQL Server.<BR><BR>j