Calculations and ASP

Thread: Calculations and ASP

Default Calculations and ASP

I have a form, the user enters information, The action of the form is posting to itself. on submit I must use this information to query our database for rates. I then want to use those rate to calculate an insurance amount. Can I use a calculation within ASP?? <BR><BR>Here is our code:(note the line of code referencing sResult10)<BR><BR>&#060;%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%&#06 2;<BR><BR><BR> &#060;%<BR> DataSource = "DSN=Cliac"<BR> Set con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> con.Open DataSource<BR> Set rs = Server.createObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR> &#039;sAge = "10" <BR> sAge = Request("txtYears")<BR> sAmt = request("txtInsAmt")<BR> &#039;Response.write sAge <BR> &#039;look at page 328 in asp book<BR> <BR> sSelect = "Select rate, year from tblRates where Age = &#039;40&#039; and sex = &#039;F&#039; order by year"<BR> <BR> sSelect, DataSource<BR><BR> <BR> IF Not rs.BOF or Not rs.EOF Then<BR> rs.MoveFirst<BR> Do While Not rs.EOF<BR> Select Case rs("year")<BR> Case 10<BR> sRate10 = rs("Rate")<BR>**** this is not working for us sResult10 = (sAmt/1000)*sRate10<BR> Case 15<BR> sRate15 = rs("rate")<BR> Case 20<BR> sRate20 = rs("rate")<BR> Case 30<BR> sRate30 = rs("rate")<BR> End Select<BR> rs.MoveNext<BR> Loop<BR> End If <BR> rs.close<BR> con.close<BR> %&#062;

Default RE: Calculations and ASP

yes ,you can do calculation in ASP Application or you can write procedure in backend and then call the procedure in front application than it will be very easy and fast.

Default Type mismatch

Convert sAmt to numeric sAmt = CDbl(sAmt)<BR>BTW you don&#039;t use the connection object, why create it?