NEWBIE drowning in ASP sea!!! HELP!

Thread: NEWBIE drowning in ASP sea!!! HELP!

Default NEWBIE drowning in ASP sea!!! HELP!

mysql="select * from class.dbf"<BR>set con = server.createobject("adodb.Connection")<BR>InitCat Path=server.mappath("local")<BR> ppath("class.dbf")<BR>Con.Open "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Data Source=dBASE Files;Location=filepath;Mode=Read;Initial Catalog=InitCatPath"<BR>set rs=con.execute (mysql)<BR>while not rs.eof<BR> response.write rs("sname")&"<BR>"<BR> rs.movenext<BR>wend<BR>con.close<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR > A little back ground on the script i am working. I have installed the PERSONAL WEB SERVER in my computer. The above script is the contents of a file named "testlist.asp" placed physically in "g:local" in the hard disk.<BR> I have a dBase file named class.dbf which is located physically in "g:local" in the hard disk. It has a fieldname by the name "sname" and contains 5 names.<BR> In the above script, only if i write "g:local" in place of "InitCatPath" in the sixth line, the script executes properly and i get the desired output. what is wrong?<BR> what i wish to achieve from the above script is as follows. i want to place the "testlist.asp" and the "class.dbf" files in the internet web server and see the output on the browser when i am online. will this work on the internet web server?<BR> my site is hosted on a LINUX SERVER which can execute .asp scripts.<BR><BR>THE ERROR MESSAGE WAS<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] &#039;(unknown)&#039; is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>/local/testlist.asp, line 6 <BR>

Default RE: NEWBIE drowning in ASP sea!!! HELP!

Con.Open "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Data Source=dBASE Files;Location=filepath;Mode=Read;Initial Catalog=" & InitCatPath<BR>