Urgent: Update a set of multiple records from the form to the database.

Thread: Urgent: Update a set of multiple records from the form to the database.

Bijal Guest

Default Urgent: Update a set of multiple records from the form to the database.

I have a form displaying all the records from the database. Now suppose i make changes in multiple records and want to update those changes in the database, then how should i update multiple records in the database.<BR><BR>please help!<BR><BR>thanks in advance.<BR>Bijal.

Default RE: Urgent: Update a set of multiple records from the form to the database.

The code to update records in a database looks something like this:<BR><BR>sql="update TABLE set FIELD1=&#039" & request.form("VALUE1") & "&#039,FIELD2=&#039" & request.form("VALUE2") & "&#039 where FIELD3=" & VALUE3<BR>conn.execute(sql)

B.H.Carr Guest

Default RE: Urgent: Update a set of multiple records from the form to the database.

I notice you&#039ve asked this question a couple of times, and<BR>the code that has been provided for updating records should<BR>work fine. I&#039m not sure your true question has been answered<BR>though.<BR><BR>To update multiple records from multiple form entries, I think<BR>you would first need to determine how many updates will be<BR>performed, then store the values in an array. Loop through<BR>the array, and use any of the suggested UPDATE code to process<BR>the data with each pass.<BR><BR>You will use the same UPDATE process as you would for a single<BR>record, but loop it around as many times as needed.