VFP COM Object Failing in ASP under IIS 5

Thread: VFP COM Object Failing in ASP under IIS 5

Michael Keller Guest

Default VFP COM Object Failing in ASP under IIS 5

I have a VFP COM object that runs just fine under IIS 4 and Windows NT 4. We are attempting to deploy this object on a Windows 2000 server with IIS 5 and are getting the following error:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 80004002&#039; <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR>/Menu.asp, line 34 <BR><BR>No such interface supported <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------<BR>When the object is created, it is given the identity of a local domain user in order for it to be able to use UNC&#039;s. Therefore, we have had to modify a certain number of settings in dcomcnfg. However, I have scaled back permissions so that both the Guest Account and the Everyone account has full control over the object. It does not appear to be a problem with any of these settings.<BR><BR>It is an executable, not a dll. (And I have already set the AllowOutOfProcComponent value to TRUE)<BR><BR>I have already dealt with a couple other errors that I anticipated in moving this to a new machine, but this is one I have not seen before and have not had any success with so far.<BR><BR>Does anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks very much,<BR><BR>Mike Keller<BR><BR>

Default RE: VFP COM Object Failing in ASP under IIS 5

Once you moved from NT to 2000 the mdac that comes with windows 2000 is 2.5. So in your com that you used in NT referencing <BR>ADO library 2.1 then you get this error message. <BR><BR>You need to reference the 2.5 library in your VB then compile the program and run it under IIS 5.0