copy table's data from outside database?

Thread: copy table's data from outside database?

Mirian Guest

Default copy table's data from outside database?

one company have two database located different place,they have diffenent work <BR>A database:deal with data <BR>B database:receive data from outside <BR>How can I let A copy table&#039;s data from B when A send a ASP request page to B? <BR><BR>Thank your bright idea ! <BR>

KevinT Guest

Default Don't crosspost

Crossposting is a bad thing. But to answer you question.<BR><BR>All you need to do is open B database and request the data you need. Then open database A and do a recordset update loop for the data from B. I think this is what you are asking for, but I am really not sure.

Mirian Guest

Default RE: Don't crosspost

I think crossposting really not good.but it&#039;s safe to insulate<BR>database from outside environment,then database inside can keep safe.<BR><BR>I need a safe and fast way to get the data from ouside databse.<BR>Can we think out that?<BR>

KevinT Guest

Default Ok I am not understanding.

Ok what kinda of database are you using MS Access, SQL, Oracle, ect. Lets start from there.

Mirian Guest

Default RE: Ok I am not understanding.

sincerely thank your help!!<BR><BR>A and B are SQL server<BR>about 10 tables in it<BR>A only request 2~4 tables from B.but data is big.<BR>A do that once everynight.