Thread: Component

Default Component

I&#039;ve created a VB DLL with several classes.<BR>They hold methods such as ADD, GET, DELETE, UPDATE etc.<BR><BR>It&#039;s not an MTS component, i&#039;ve just registered it on the web-server it will be runnnig at. And it works fine.<BR><BR>My question is, will this be sufficient for a site that has, lets say 30-50 simultaeous users? The component pretty much does everything.<BR><BR>For example, one class has a function which returns an array back to ASP with the articles the users wanted to list (could be up to several thousands in worst case).<BR><BR>If i have 20 users doing this at the same time. Would there be any locking problems or other problems that could occur or would the component be able to handle all the requests at the same time?<BR><BR>I&#039;ve set threading model to apartment-threaded.<BR><BR>Is this the right way go? Or should i use another approach when creating such a component?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Anders

Default RE: Component

As long as you&#039;re not holding a reference your component in Application or Session scope it should be fine. For that number of users, pure ASP would be fine.<BR><BR>Dunc