80004005 error hell

Thread: 80004005 error hell

BlueInBrum Guest

Default 80004005 error hell

When trying to connect to an access database this error intermitantly appears - I&#039;ve seen some related comments on the FAQ page but they don&#039;t seem to deal with my specific problem. Can anyone help?<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR><BR>Is it my bad coding thats to blame or should I get onto the company hosting my site ?

Default Probably not the coding.....

It could, however, be your database. I would pull it down, and do a Compact/Repair to make sure that it isn&#039;t somehow corrupted.<BR>If that doesn&#039;t help...The other thing that I would try would be to switch to a DSN-Less OLE-DB connection, that would bypass any errors that you might be getting from the less stable ODBC connection that you are currently using.

BlueInBrum Guest

Default RE: Probably not the coding.....

thanks - Ive not had chance to test this on the live server but I&#039;ve got it set-up in my test enviroment with a direct connection to the OLE DB.<BR><BR>BlueInBrum