Passing Varibles

Thread: Passing Varibles

Kevin Guest

Default Passing Varibles

Help! I have a page posting to itself using a FORM/SELECT/INPUT -> POST at the top of the page and simple links (page-1/+1) at the bottom to cycle through recordsets. As long as I use the SUBMIT in the top form, varibles carry over. When I use the recordset paging, I lose all my REQUEST.FORM settings. How can I pass-through all the varibles in FORM while paging my recordset??

Default RE: Passing Varibles

The *best* way (my opinion) is to copy the values into *another* form!<BR><BR>You can use all &#060;INPUT Type="Hidden"...&#062; form fields, giving them the same names as the original fields. Then you links, instead of being ordinary HREF&#039;s, become<BR><BR>&#060;A HREF="#" onClick="document.HiddenForm.Direction.value=-1;document.HiddenForm.submit();"&#062;PRIOR PAGE&#060;/A&#062;<BR>&#060;A HREF="#" onClick="document.HiddenForm.Direction.value=+1;do cument.HiddenForm.submit();"&#062;NEXT PAGE&#060;/A&#062;<BR><BR>This makes it as clean and simple as possible and you won&#039;t get into trouble trying to construct hairy querystrings by hand.<BR><BR>