Server Submit

Thread: Server Submit

Default Server Submit

Here is a function I have the first submit if checked all does not fire the actual submit at the server but the second one does. The dsubmit value is not returning "submit" Any idea. I am submitting the form to itself. I do an alert and it does get to that point in the code as well.<BR><BR>function validatedelete(theForm) {<BR>if(document.buylinks.deleteall.checked)<BR>{< BR> //the next three lines do not submit but the page does reload<BR> window.document.buylinks.dsubmit.value = "submit";<BR> window.document.buylinks.submit()<BR> return true;<BR>}<BR>else<BR> for (i=0,n=theForm.elements.length;i&#060;n;i++)<BR> {<BR> if(theForm.elements[i].checked)<BR> {<BR> //these lines do work correctly<BR> window.document.buylinks.dsubmit.value = "submit";<BR> window.document.buylinks.submit();<BR> return true;<BR> }<BR> } <BR> {<BR> alert("You must select at least one item to delete.")<BR> }<BR>}

Default RE: Server Submit

Nothing wrong with the code. You just won&#039;t see the value &#039;submit&#039; on dsubmit when the page reloads as you get a fresh page from the server. The value on dsubmit will be what you put it at design time.

Sean B Guest

Default RE: Server Submit

Actually I do get the value submit on the second condtion. You can submit back to itself and set values to hidden fields for the submit in javascript.