Thread: ASP & ORACLE

Scott A. Guest

Default ASP & ORACLE

I have some things I developed using PWS and Oracle8i with 7.3 drivers on &#039;95. It works great on PWS and on the Server (both use 7.3 drivers). We switched to NT 4. Workstation developer machines with new Oracle drivers (8.1.5)and now all the database SQL calls are returning zero for anything which has a number field when using PWS. This is scaring the hell out of me. I think it&#039;s a driver problem, but it could be a "script engine" problem. I&#039;m not sure (obviously). Anyone out there have any ideas? <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Scott

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default RE: ASP & ORACLE

Perhaps check this out which hopefully might give you some clues about perhaps modifying your connection string somehow:<BR><BR>Connections<BR><BR>"This page contains sample ADO connection strings for ODBC DSN, ODBC DSN-Less, OLE DB Provider, and MS Remote. These sample connection strings are from the Microsoft ADO Newsgroups and are compiled by Carl Prothman, a Microsoft Visual Basic MVP."<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR>

Scott A. Guest

Thx. I&#039;ll give them a shot. I appreciate the help.<BR>Scott

Scott A. Guest

Paul, <BR><BR>I switched to "Microsoft Driver for Oracle" DSN-less connection and that seemed to do the trick. I&#039;m coming to the conclusion that the Oracle drivers for Microsoft are inconsistent in their featureset at best. <BR><BR>Thanks again for all your help.<BR>Scott