2 questions about ASP FAQ's fileupload

Thread: 2 questions about ASP FAQ's fileupload

meeta Guest

Default 2 questions about ASP FAQ's fileupload

In ASPFAQ there is a link to pure ASP file upload.<BR><BR>http://www.asp101.com/articles/jacob/scriptupload.asp<BR><BR>My questions are<BR>1. If VB is not installed on IIS then by installing VB6.0 would it install VB library. Or if IX 5.0 is installed does that mean VB libraray would be installed as well?How to check if its installed?<BR><BR>2. In the begining of the code it says "this assumes that you have inlucded "upload.asp" - what does this mean?<BR><BR>I&#039;d greatly appreciate help,<BR>Thanks in advance

Markkk Guest

Default RE: 2 questions about ASP FAQ's fileupload

Answer1: If MSIE 5.0+ is installed on Web server, then do nothing.<BR><BR>Answer2: The "upload.asp" file contains the VB Code that defines the Class for FileUploader. You must either include the contents of the "upload.asp" in you page via the Server Side Include method (&#060;!-- #include file="upload.asp" --&#062;), or simply cut and paste the contents of the "upload.asp" page into your own asp page.<BR><BR>Without the FileUploader Class defined, you can not uplaod files!

meeta Guest

Default RE: thanks

I&#039;ll try this right now!!

Default About this library.

would a component be faster than the library ? I am using this library right now and its taking me something like 30 seconds to upload a 350k pdf.

meeta Guest

Default not working getting error -

Set oFS = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR> If Not oFS.FolderExists(sPath) Then Exit Sub<BR> Set oFile = oFS.CreateTextFile(sPath & FileName, True)<BR><BR><BR>line 133 is last sentence of the above code in upload.asp...<BR><BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800a0046&#039; <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/upload.asp, line 133 <BR><BR>can someone please help<BR>thanks<BR>

Default RE: not working getting error -

if you&#039;re testing with empty files it screw (0 k files). i think its this error i had but im not sure.