Driver Problems

Thread: Driver Problems

Shawn Kubik Guest

Default Driver Problems

I tried performing a beta installation of my system onto the server it will be running on (NT 4 with IIS4 installed), and I setup my ODBC connection the same way I have it on my development system, but when I tried to perform queries, I receieved the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039;<BR><BR>Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)).<BR><BR>//rcdb/includes/database_connection.aso, line 10.<BR><BR>There isn&#039;t a problem with my &#039;include&#039; file... because it works fine on my development platform.<BR><BR>When I installed IIS (today), I installed all the ODBC and ADO stuff that was specified in the default installation settings, but it installed the Access database driver for Access 97. I didn&#039;t think this would have been a huge problem, but my database was made in Access 2000. So it didn&#039;t work there, so then I copied my ODBCJT32.DLL driver from my development system (Win98) onto the NT server... and rebooted. Still didn&#039;t work, and now I can&#039;t even remove that ODBC connection from the server! Probably because I cut and pasted a driver in... not smart. <BR><BR>Anyway, any ideas how this can be remedied, or why this is happening? I should mention that Access itself is NOT installed on the NT server... could this be the problem?<BR><BR>Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanx,<BR><BR>- Shawn Kubik.

Default RE: Driver Problems

Yeah, copying a dll file like that won&#039;t work (I actually did something similar 2 days ago, because mdac 2.1 wouldn&#039;t install properly). Which brings me to my suggestion. Try installing the latest version of MDAC 2.1 It&#039;s available for download at