Jumping to another page.

Thread: Jumping to another page.

Shawn Kubik Guest

Default Jumping to another page.

Hi all,<BR><BR>In my web application I&#039;m writing, I have a page that I&#039;m using to update a record in the database (updateClient.asp), but I want to have it automatically jump to another page once it has completed the update. I tried using a Response.Redirect, but it didn&#039;t work. It said something about Header information already being written or something. Thing is, I need to pass form data along to the new page so it can extract it and display the new information (so: newpage.asp?client_id=3&page=4), and I HAVE to do it this way.<BR><BR>Any ideas of how I could go about doing this?<BR><BR>Thanx,<BR><BR>- Shawn Kubik.

Los Angeles, CA

Default Always post the REAL error message

never give us YOUR interpretation of the error.<BR><BR>Well inspite of what little you said i THINK i have the answer<BR><BR><BR>READ THE FAQs.<BR><BR>http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=72<BR><BR>

mr thing Guest

Default RE: Jumping to another page.

delete the html tags at the top and bottom of your update page<BR><BR>SO your update.asp will be<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>your sql and stuff<BR>....<BR>response.redirect("yourpage.asp") <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>and thats it dude make sure you dont have a response.write in the code too.<BR><BR>

Harish Guest

Default RE: Jumping to another page.

Add &#060;%response.buffer=true%&#062; as ur first line of code in ur asp page.<BR>Hope this solved ur problem.