Form Submission

Thread: Form Submission

Default Form Submission

I have a problem using IE5.5 with form submission. Can anyone confirm this is a bug and can anyone offer a solution?<BR><BR>I have a form containing one text box. I am trying to trap the submit event and validate the user input before submitting or not submitting as appropriate. My problem is that if the user hits the ENTER key the form is submitted anyone no matter what is return from my function. This only seems to happen on a form with one text box.<BR><BR>I have even stripped out the validation code and added the return false to the form tag itself but it still submits!<BR><BR>My code is :<BR><BR>&#060;form method="POST" action="next_page.asp" name="myForm" onsubmit="return false"&#062;&#060;input type="text" name="myTextBox" size="30"&#062;&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Any ideas? Am I right in thinking this shouldn&#039;t submit!?

Default Works fine here...

IE 5.50.4522.1800 is fine...<BR><BR>The only thing that rings bells is that the onSubmit handler (check your capitalisation - Netscape won&#039;t like it much) is not fired if you use document.formname.submit(). You must specifically call the validation first.<BR><BR>Don&#039;t think that applies in this case, though!<BR><BR>Craig.