SQL money update problem

Thread: SQL money update problem

santos Guest

Default SQL money update problem

this is extremely urgent, could you please reply to me as soon as you can if you have any ideas.<BR>i have the SQL DB (called main) with the money-field called account, i want to add the value to the fields from the numeric variable:<BR><BR>m_curr = CCur(m_all)<BR>strQuery = "UPDATE main SET account = " & m_curr<BR>Set db3 = Cnn.Execute(strQuery)<BR><BR>this is suppossed to work, but it does not, it gives an error saying something that i have to convert the variable and that there is an error in the strQuery line. anybody has any idias? or maybe another code that i could use for the same purpose? please, help.

Default RE: SQL money update problem

If all it needs is for you to convert the value, SQL does have a Convert function that allows you to get around annoying little problems like this. Change your query to:<BR><BR>strQuery = "UPDATE main SET account = CONVERT(money, " & m_curr & ")"<BR><BR>That should get you around this problem<BR>

santos Guest

thanks a lot, i hope this works, i will check it out right now.<BR><BR>thanks again.

santos Guest

this works, but when it adds the number to the DB, it rounds it for some reason. for example, when m_curr = 8.7 , in the DB it adds only 8.<BR><BR>any ideas how to fix this please?