How to access form fields at time of submit?

Thread: How to access form fields at time of submit?

CSB Guest

Default How to access form fields at time of submit?

I want to store some of my form fields in a session array before<BR>I leave the active server page where they were entered. <BR>I have a on click function for the submit button and I tried to<BR>set the session fields there, but I get a type mismatch whenever I try to move the input type field into the variable. I am using<BR>the ID I assigned to the input text box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make this work?

Default RE: How to access form fields at time of submit?

It seems to me that you are using a client side script. Usually the Session object is available to server side scripts. Only a session cookie is placed on the client machine to identify which session object belongs to that clients request.<BR><BR>You can assign your form values in the receiving script:<BR>session("var") = request.form("field")

CSB Guest

Default RE: I have tried that too, but got errors

I tried to assign the form field to the session variable in the <BR>recieving script, but I get the error:<BR><BR>An intrinsic object cannot be stored within the Session object<BR><BR>Do you know what this error means or how to resolve it.<BR><BR>I have tried putting the form field in a variable first but then<BR>I get a VBSCRIPT error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01a8&#039 <BR><BR>Object required: &#039Session&#039 <BR><BR>Can anyone help?