Application and Com Error

Thread: Application and Com Error

David Mathieu Guest

Default Application and Com Error

Hi I have created a com object and want to put it in an application object/variable but I get the following error :<BR><BR>========================================= =====================<BR><BR>Application object error &#039;ASP 0197 : 80004005&#039; <BR><BR>Disallowed object use <BR><BR>/projects/template3/aa.asp, line 27 <BR><BR>Cannot add object with apartment model behavior to the application intrinsic object. <BR><BR>========================================== ===================<BR><BR>this is the code I use to create the object and set it in the app variable.<BR><BR>set application("en") = server.createObject("Decrypt.Encrypt")<BR><BR>The com is created in vbasic and is there any special settings that I need to set in order for it to allow me to place it in an app variable or something??<BR><BR>Any Response is greatly appreciated,<BR> David Mathieu<BR>

Default RE: Application and Com Error

are you still having trouble?<BR><BR>Can you show us your code?

Default RE: Application and Com Error

I would guess that ASP wants you to create your ActiveX component project as single-threaded because there is only one Application object.<BR>HTH